crab, and savory herbs combine effortlessly to create a dish that promises to be a favorite for years to come. It isn’t often you find a recipe of
this magnitude that can be prepared from start to finish in a half hour.
1 Tbs. oil
½ cup onion, finely chopped
2 cups arborio rice
¾ cup Chardonnay or other red cooking wine
3 cups light chicken stock, at a simmer (do not allow to boil)
6 oz. shelled crab meat
2 Tbs. fresh parsley, minced*
2 Tbs. fresh chives, minced*
1 Tbs. fresh chervil, minced*
1 Tbs. fresh tarragon, minced*
2 Tbs. butter
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, juiced
Himalayan pink salt or natural sea salt to taste
*Dried herbs may be substituted
1. Heat oil in a medium pan over a low flame. When hot, add onion and saute until the onion is translucent. This will take approximately two minutes.
2. Once onions are ready, add rice and continuously stir for two minutes to prevent burning.
3. Add the wine and allow to simmer until all the wine has been absorbed.
4. Begin adding the chicken stock. Carefully add only one-half a cup at a time and allow it to be absorbed before adding more. Continue this until all
the broth is absorbed and rice is fully cooked. This should take approximately twenty minutes, but use your judgment regarding the consistency of the
5. Add the crab and remove the pan from the heat.
6. Add butter, herbs and the lemon juice and stir into the rice. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.