There are plenty of baked halibut recipes that require plenty of ingredients
and tons of time, but what’s the point in slaving away in the kitchen all day if you’re too tired to enjoy your delicious fish when it’s finished?
This baked halibut recipe requires just a handful of ingredients, and it practically prepares itself!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Halibut – 2 pounds
- Cream of Mushroom Soup – One can
- Water – 1/2 Soup can
- Onion Soup Mix – 1/2 Packet
- Margarine – 1/2 Cup
- Milk – Enough to cover the halibut
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Soak the halibut in milk in a flat dish for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Drain thoroughly. Place the fish in a baking dish.
- Combine all remaining ingredients into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Heat ingredients just until it hits the boiling point. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Cover the halibut with the margarine-and-soup mixture.
- Bake halibut for 20 minutes to a 1/2 hour. Halibut should flake easily with a fork when it’s ready.
Here are some great serving suggestions:
The simplicity of this baked halibut recipe lends itself to plenty of side dishes that would work perfectly with this fish to create a well-rounded
entree. Consider adding couscous if you want to add a grain that you may not eat every day. Angel hair pasta is another great accompaniment for
a grain option. On the veggie side, go for asparagus. The sauce on this halibut works great with this vegetable.
Alaska is home to amazing seafood. If you’re in the mood for delicious halibut, go straight to the source, and see what Alaska has to offer. Please
don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!