These delectable crab stuffed mushrooms are sure to make your mouth water. For those who have never experienced these tiny pieces of heaven – mushroom
bites stuffed with rich, creamy, cheese and fresh crabmeat – you will not be disappointed.
Finding and Preparing the Perfect Ingredients
For mushroom lovers, it all comes down to cleaning them right. There are two ways to get your mushrooms relatively clean. The first method is to just
use a clean damp cloth to brush the dirt and debris off the mushroom. On the other hand, you can put the mushrooms in a salad spinner filled with
water and quickly swirl them around and drain, then spin to dry.
You can make the filling for the stuffed mushroom ahead of time and even refrigerated it for a few days. The recipe calls for fresh wild Alaskan crab,
and makes a perfect dip if you happen to have any leftover to spread on crackers or bread.
- 4 ounces cream cheese – softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic – minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Alaska crab meat – finely chopped
- 2 scallions (green parts only) – sliced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound baby Portobello or white button mushrooms – stems removed
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Then take foil and line a baking sheet.
2. Use a medium bowl and combine the softened cream cheese, garlic, sour cream and Italian seasoning. Try the mixture – add salt and pepper if needed.
Next, stir in the real Alaska crab meat, scallions, and mozzarella cheese.
3. Fill all the mushroom caps with the mixture evenly. Then, place the stuffed mushrooms on the baking sheet approximately 1” apart.
4. Bake mushrooms for 20 to 30 minutes or until the crab filling is bubbly and hot.
5. Let cool and enjoy!
Remember that the best recipes have the best ingredients. For the freshest, highest quality crab, click here.